CANYON - The City of Canyon and Palo Duro Canyon State Park are named number one on US Dish's America's 10 Best Small-Town Gems to Visit in 2018.
US Dish analyzed lists of the best small towns in America and came up with 10 cities that have big beauty.
They said Canyon was chosen for Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
In Palo Duro Canyon State Park, you can enjoy more than 29,000 acres of scenic mesquite and juniper trees every day from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. The canyon is 120 miles long and is thought to be the second-biggest canyon in the US, after the Grand Canyon. Spend your time in the park hiking, biking, enjoying the incredible views, camping, picnicking, or horseback riding—you’ve got a lot of options. Visit in the spring if you want to see some truly stunning wildflowers, and avoid the daytime heat in the summer, when temperatures can reach up to 115 degrees.
- US Dish Team
The 10 Best Small-Town Gems to Visit list includes:
- Canyon, Texas - Palo Duro Canyon State Park
- Los Alamos, New Mexico - Bandelier National Monument
- Dobbs Ferry, New York - Old Croton Aqueduct Trail
- Sedona, Arizona - Slide Rock State Park
- St. Augustine, Florida - Anastasia Island State Park and Fort Matanzas National Monument
- Door County, Wisconsin - Newport State Park
- Jordan Valley, Oregon - Jordan Craters
- Jarbidge, Nevada - Jarbidge Wilderness
- Shelter Cove, California - Black Sands Beach
- Whittier, Alaska - The town itself is a hidden gem
You can see the full report from US Dish.com, an authorized Dish Retailer, by clicking here.
A mental health crisis call and suicide threat lead to a SWAT situation.
Amarillo area lane closure report from TxDOT for the week of July 9.
A Tyson Foods grant awarded to High Plains Food Bank will support a…