(FOX NEWS) — Walmart and Sam’s Club taking another step to protect workers and shoppers from coronavirus.
Employees at Walmart and sam’s club will be required to wear face coverings starting today.
A statement released Friday says the new rule applies to “stores, clubs, distribution and fulfillment centers, as well as corporate offices.”
customers will not be required to wear a mask, but, are encouraged to do so.
Walmart and sam’s club have roughly 1-point-5 million associates in the US.
This memo enforces several new state mandates which require people to wear face coverings in public places.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Surf photographer severely injured after facing monster wave
- Man connected to U.S. Capitol riot surrenders to federal authorities
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won