(FOX NEWS) — Payless Shoesource is stepping out of bankruptcy.
The company emerging from bankruptcy for the second time and now focusing on international markets specifically its largest business unit in Latin America.
It will also relaunch its US e-commerce site and open some stores in the US.
Payless filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in February 2019 and shuttered the remaining 2,000-plus stores in North America.
The latest bankruptcy filing did not affect its 710 franchises or stores in Latin America, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
The chain filed for chapter 11 for the first time in April 2017.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Will your kids need to be vaccinated?
- Retired Col. Ralph Puckett to Best Ranger competitors: ‘You are the best our country produces’
- Fourth stimulus check: Nonprofit sees additional payments as vital
- 19-year-old man killed in collision with semi-truck on US Hwy 54
- WT’s Engler College of Business ranked No. 3 in value in the country