(CNN) — The coronavirus has had a devastating impact on businesses across nearly all industries.
That includes the fast food business.
COVID-19 has sent McDonald’s sales plummeting.
The fast food giant reported Wednesday that sales at restaurants across the globe open at least a year were down more than 22 percent in March.
That drop was led by a nearly 35 percent decline in internationally operated markets.
All restaurants in France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom are fully closed.
Sales at US restaurants open at least a year plunged 13.4-percent last month, even though nearly all of the company’s US locations are still open.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WTAMU Men’s Basketball Claims No. 1 Seed in South Central Region
- Lane closures for the week of March 7, 2021
- Etna keeps up its spectacular explosions; ash rains on towns
- 6-year-old battling cancer surprised with birthday parade from first responders
- Cuomo defiant as top New York lawmakers call on him to quit