(CNN) — Whiskey is often aged in wooden barrels, now Johnnie Walker is serving up its scotch in bottles also made from wood.
Johnnie Walker’s parent company, Diageo, says the new bottle made of wood pulp will release in 2021.
It’s 100-percent plastic-free and expected to be fully recyclable.
To create the paper bottle Diageo partnered with “Pilot lite” to launch “Pulpex limited” a sustainable packaging technology company.
Other companies are also joining Pulpex limited including Unilever and PepsiCo.
They are expected to launch their own branded paper bottles next year as well.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Beware of scam asking you for money to prove you’re owner of your home
- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick releases statement on unanimous passage of the First Responders Care Act
- Mother of 4 beaten to death while working at Florida motel; husband finds her left for dead
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Interview with AISD School Board Candidate Rev. Bennie Anderson