(WLEX) Kentucky has a worldwide reputation for bourbon, but Sean and Tia Edwards are hoping to bring a new spin to the famous industry.
The Lexington couple are the first African-American bourbon distillery owners in Kentucky.
“As we went through the process we found out there were no African American distilleries in the state of Kentucky. There had been no African Americans producing bourbon that weren’t slaves,” says Sean Edwards.
Their company is called Fresh Bourbon Distilling Co., and they plan to build a multimillion-dollar distillery in Lexington.
They have already begun producing their bourbon in Paris, Kentucky, until they can start distilling in their Lexington location.
Read more: http://bit.ly/38PDaTQ
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID-19 hospital data will go to White House before CDC
- Former White House physician Ronny Jackson and former U.S. Rep. Pete Sessions win Texas congressional runoffs
- Sarah Eckhardt and Eddie Rodriguez poised for a runoff in special Texas Senate election to replace Kirk Watson
- It took a doctor’s note and mad dash to Sonic for this coronavirus sufferer to vote
- As Fort Worth voters appear likely to preserve more than $85 million for police, activists vow to lobby City Hall for spending changes