(WLEX) Kentucky has a worldwide reputation for bourbon, but Sean and Tia Edwards are hoping to bring a new spin to the famous industry.
The Lexington couple are the first African-American bourbon distillery owners in Kentucky.
“As we went through the process we found out there were no African American distilleries in the state of Kentucky. There had been no African Americans producing bourbon that weren’t slaves,” says Sean Edwards.
Their company is called Fresh Bourbon Distilling Co., and they plan to build a multimillion-dollar distillery in Lexington.
They have already begun producing their bourbon in Paris, Kentucky, until they can start distilling in their Lexington location.
Read more: http://bit.ly/38PDaTQ
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- 2 killed when truck flees Border Patrol checkpoint, rolls over
- Unemployment claims skyrocket as West Texas businesses close on the heels of COVID-19
- EXCLUSIVE: COVID-19 cases could prompt stricter travel restrictions, National Guard response, South Texas county judge says
- Feds find smuggling tunnel running from Mexico to San Diego warehouse
- Dealing with abuse while in quarantine