(CNN) — Ford is planning to reveal its new Bronco on July 9th.
That date — raising a lot of eyebrows.
Because it’s the birthday of ex-football star OJ Simpson.
Simpson was in a white Ford Bronco as police pursued him in an infamous chase on June 17th, 1994 after charging him with his ex-wife’s murder.
The 60-mile, slow-speed chase played out on live TV as millions of people watched.
Authorities had charged Simpson with killing his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman.
Some thought Ford might change the bronco reveal date, but a Ford representative says the debut will proceed on July 9th as planned
The representative told the Detroit Free Press it is quote “Purely coincidental” that it coincides with Simpson’s birthday.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Cowboy’s Michael Gallup Helps Out at Amarillo Football Camp
- Alligator spotted cooling off at the ocean in Myrtle Beach
- ‘Surreal’: 6th Street mass shooting witnesses describe the moment shots fired in downtown Austin
- From clubs to scrubs: Professional golfer on why she went from golfing to fighting a global pandemic
- 25 best used cars under $15,000