(CNN) — With people spending more time at home and online, Facebook has announced a new feature that makes it easier to manage your time.
It’s called “quiet mode”, which mutes push notifications from the Facebook app for a set period of time.
If you try to open the app while in “quiet mode” you will be reminded you that you were planning to step away from Facebook.
The social media giant also added shortcuts to notification settings and news feed preferences so people can prioritize the time they do spend on the app.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WANTED: Danny Smith, wanted for ‘sex offender duty to register w/ previous convictions’
- Maverick Boys & Girls Club of Amarillo awarded $10,000 State Farm grant
- Vaccine passports and summer travel: What we know
- McDonald’s to raise wages by average of 10% across US
- How COVID-19 vaccines will work for your kids