(CNN) — Some Bed Bath and Beyond employees will soon be looking elsewhere for work.
The retailer announces 2,800 job cuts are expected as part of an accelerated restructuring plan.
Officials say their restructuring move could bring nearly 150-million in annualized SG&A savings.
Bed Bath and Beyond’s President and CEO Mark Tritton says the reduction “is critical to rebuild the foundation of our business.”
The company also plans to focus on improving its digital-first shopping environment.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- McConnell said Trump ‘fed lies’ to mob about Biden election
- Trump to depart DC for Florida ahead of Biden’s inauguration
- Eric Church, Jazmine Sullivan to sing national anthem at Super Bowl LV
- Texas ‘hempire’ to grow as USDA publishes final rule on industrial hemp production
- You may be surprised to see who oddsmakers think will win the 2024 election