(FOX NEWS) — Team Barbie hits the campaign trail.
Mattel unveils a new Barbie set today with four diverse dolls taking on different roles to help young people learn about the election process.
The 2020 campaign team includes the candidate, campaign manager, fundraiser and voter to show girls the importance of a political team working together to win.
The set also includes educational resources, like play ballots and printable activities to encourage girls to write their own campaign speeches.
Barbie has a long history of empowering girls with the release of several presidential candidates since 1992.
The toymaker says the goal is to remove barriers to leadership by giving girls the tools to imagine and play out their future roles.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Nazareth Swiftettes claim 1A Cross Country title
- Sheriff: Florida rapper made music, then killed 2 men in recording studio
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah
- Gov. Lujan Grisham: Special session to start Tuesday