(CNN) — Despite heavy hits to the economy – the coronavirus outbreak could make it easier to bring home the bacon.
We’re not talking about paychecks, but literally “bacon.”
Bloomberg is reporting that pork belly prices are at their lowest levels in more than 20-years.
That’s despite the fact that prices of other popular foods – like eggs and beef – have surged.
Bloomberg says that’s mainly because people are cooking at home more.
But demand from bacon has been increasingly coming from restaurants in recent years.
And with restaurant business almost grinding to a halt, demand for bacon is significantly down.
Bloomberg says that means grocery stores could soon be putting “sale” signs on bacon products.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Boys Ranch, Oldham County Sheriff’s Office looking for 2 missing teens
- Local health professionals give tips on how to avoid ‘mascne’
- Amarillo Police looking for missing 12-year-old girl
- Amarillo Police Department increasing patrol for the 4th
- Destination Texas: Fireworks, amazing food, and historic aircraft in Addison