(NBC NEWS) — 1.4 billion chicken wings.
That’s how many wings Americans are expected to consume over the upcoming Super Bowl weekend.
The National Chicken Council released its annual chicken wing report Thursday.
That would be record-breaking and equals a two percent increase over last year.
According to a survey conducted by the council, roughly two-thirds of Americans who eat chicken wings, claim they like to do so while watching a major sporting event.
More than half say it should be the official food of the super bowl.
Super Bowl 54 between the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers will be played Sunday, February Second.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Two arrested in Amarillo drug bust
- Newsfeed Now: Breaking down the $908 billion COVID-19 relief bill, Hand-“Santa-tizer,” “Grinch-bots,” and more…
- ‘Santa-tizer’ helping children this holiday season
- US adds 245,000 jobs as virus threatens the economy’s slow comeback
- Dangerously viral: How Trump, supporters spread false claims