(CNN) — Amazon is offering permanent positions to about 125,000 of its temporary workers.
That’s about 70 percent of the employees it hired during the coronavirus pandemic.
The workers have been helping the company deal with increased demand from customers who are stuck at home.
Amazon says the permanent positions will pay 15 dollars an hour and will start in June.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Experts fear bad tick season amid coronavirus pandemic
- Oklahoma trooper struck SUV’s bumper during procession
- Oklahoma governor signs gaming compacts with two more tribes
- Lawsuit by student against ex-OU official settled
- Oklahoma reports 283 more COVID-19 cases, no new deaths