(CNN) — Amazon is offering permanent positions to about 125,000 of its temporary workers.
That’s about 70 percent of the employees it hired during the coronavirus pandemic.
The workers have been helping the company deal with increased demand from customers who are stuck at home.
Amazon says the permanent positions will pay 15 dollars an hour and will start in June.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- High Plains leads the state in COVID-19 cases per a thousand persons
- IN FOCUS Discussion: Native American Heritage Month
- San Antonio sets curfew for Thanksgiving holiday, weekend after
- Mexico says ‘The Mute’ gave green light to kill Americans, but victim’s father points to druglord Caro Quintero
- Group to document alleged abuse of migrants by law enforcement