(NBC NEWS) — Amazon Music may not be as popular as Spotify or Apple Music, but the service is still growing rapidly.
Amazon says it has now topped 55 million customers, nipping at the heels of Apple’s more than 60-million subscribers.
Both are still well behind the dominant Spotify which boasts 113 million paying subscribers and 248 million users overall.
But Amazon is steadily chipping away at their lead, with growth of about 50-percent in the past year.
That’s largely because Amazon Music is able to ride on the popularity of Prime membership, and it’s also directly integrated into Alexa.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- National Thanksgiving Turkey pardoning to take place at White House
- Court rules Texas, Louisiana can end Planned Parenthood funding
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- DPS Office closures for Thanksgiving