NEW ORLEANS — New Orleans may have held back on Governor John Bel Edwards decision to move Louisiana into Phase 3, however a crowded French Quarter Saturday night gave way to multiple shootings prior to midnight on one of the world’s most famous streets.
The New Orleans Police Department is investigating a double shooting in the 500 block of Bourbon St.
Initial reports show two teenage males sustained gunshot wounds.
One victim was transported to the hospital by EMS, while the second victim was transported by private conveyance.
No further information is available at this time.
WGNO will provide updates as they become available.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Hideki Matsuyama wins the Masters to become first Japanese major champion
- Gov. Ralph Northam orders Virginia State Police to conduct independent investigation regarding Windsor traffic stop incident
- Georgia becomes third state to shut down Johnson & Johnson vaccine site: report
- Amarillo TxDOT “Know Before You Go” April 11-April 17 road closure report
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center hosting virtual cancer screening beginning Monday, April 12