Santa is coming to town and making an important stop at the Don Harrington Discovery Center.
This will be for the annual Breakfast With Santa.
The event is on Saturday, December 5th from 9:00 am to noon.
The science museum will be turned into a Christmas wonderland.
Children and their families will enjoy a fun morning complete with photos with the big guy himself, merry activities and take-home crafts, and of course, a family-friendly breakfast!
Breakfast with Santa tickets are available for purchase online at www.dhdc.org or in person at 1200 Streit
You can buy advanced tickets for $15 each ($10 for Discovery Center members) and are available through
Friday December 4th at 4:30 pm.
On Saturday, tickets will only be available at the door and will be $17 each ($12 for Discovery Center members).
Attendees who are younger than 1 year old are admitted free.
Breakfast with Santa activities include:
• Family-Friendly Breakfast
– Each attendee will receive a breakfast bag filled with goodies provided by Chick-fil-A on Georgia, Donut Stop, McDonald’s and Southwest Dairy, who will also provide milk.
– Roasters Coffee and Tea and Aqua One are also providing beverages.
• Photo with Santa
– Attendees will be able to sit in Santa’s lap for a professional photo by Steve Satterwhite Photography.
– Each family will receive one pose with Santa and each ticket holder is entitled to receive one complimentary printed 5×7 photo, which will be available for pick-up at the event.
– Additional photo orders and Christmas cards will be available for purchase at www.stevesatterwhite.photoreflect.com following the event.
– While waiting for your photo, the whole family can stop by the Frozen Frames Ice Castle, a royal icy backdrop for you to take selfies galore!
• Hands-On Activities
– Attendees will create Christmas crafts at the Dasher’s Dough Decorations and Jingle All the Way stations.
– Any trip to the Discovery Center isn’t complete without some science fun.
– Kids of all ages will enjoy Snow Tubing, a frosty exploration of fake snow colored with food coloring and then displayed in a test tube to hang on your tree, and Santa’s Secret List where they can learn
about disappearing and reappearing ink!
– And for more entertainment be sure to stop by Kris Kringle’s Karaoke and sing your favorite tunes or carols.
– Sonic will also be here providing a fun game along with some giveaways.
• Hands-On Exhibits
– In additional to all of the special Breakfast with Santa activities, you have another chance to explore the two traveling exhibits that are on display until early January.
– Face Your Fears with Goose Bumps! The Science of Fear!, or Take A Look Inside of Beyond the X-Ray.