Amarillo’s family favorite “BOO at the ZOO” will be returning for 3 magical days on Friday and Saturday, October 26 and 27 from 5:30 pm to 9 p.m. and Sunday, October 28 from noon to 5 p.m. with more new games, activities and costumed animal characters!
BOO at the ZOO will feature costumed characters like a tiger, lion, donkey, peacock, kangaroo and others handing out candy treats. Plus there will be plenty of ghoulish games, face painting, costume parade, crafts and more that will ensure a howling good time! Even some of the Zoo animals will get into the Halloween spirit with special pumpkin “Chomp and Stomp” enrichment activities.
BOO at the Zoo highlights include:
- Over 20 treat stations featuring costumed animal characters such as the peacock, lion, tiger, kangaroo, fox, bear, panther, donkey, hummingbird and more!
- Monsterology – explore the realm of unknown, undiscovered and mythological animals. See a horn from a unicorn, the beak from a giant squid, skeleton of the world’s largest frog, skull of a Bigfoot and more oddities from the natural world!
- Pumpkin STOMP and CHOMP enrichment activities for the animals.
- See the world’s largest species of toad – the size of a dinner plate, hairy tarantulas, and more creatures that make you say EEEWWW!
- BOOtastic Music with Andy Chase Cundiff Eeeky Freak Dance Party and Parade Take a picture with our friendly Sasquatch
- For a bit more thrill visit “Monster Alley” and see a chupacabra, yeti, werewolf and other creatures on exhibit in their natural habitats. (Friday and Saturday Night Only)
- Face Painting (extra fee applies).
- Fun games like Lim-BOO, Pumpkin Putt Putt Golf, Needle in the Haystack, Pumpkin Ring Toss, Batty Bat Toss, Pumpkin Bowling, Corn Pit and more new games!
In the spirit of Halloween, costumes are encouraged. But because this event is geared toward families with young children, the zoo asks adults not to wear scary costumes or costumes that cover their faces.
Help stay green by bringing your own trick or treat bag to fill with candy and other treats!
in Thompson Park