COLLINGSWORTH COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) —
UPDATE: Texas DPS has identified the body as Frankie Cannon, 39, of Wellington.
Cannon’s body has been sent to Lubbock for an autopsy.
The Texas Rangers continue to investigate.
The Texas Department of Public Safety has confirmed an investigation into a body found in Collingsworth County.
On Friday, the Collingsworth Sheriff’s Department requested the Texas Rangers to investigate a body found in a rural area in the county.
The Texas Rangers are investigating.
No further information has been provided yet, but we will keep you updated as we learn more.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center hosting virtual cancer screening beginning Monday, April 12
- Buccola Ave. road repair project will require traffic detour
- City of Amarillo provide update on Proposition 1 as more street repairs are set for this summer
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction