It is HOT out there! You must pay close attention to your body to keep cool. Pharmacist Doug has tips to help stay cool.
- Stay Hydrated
- Our body uses the water you drink to make sweat, which in turn cools your body. Also, without the proper minerals/electrolytes, the body cannot thermoregulate properly. Cool not ice cold water!
- Get Low
- Because heat rises stay close to the ground. Hang out in the lower floors if you have a two-story house, spend time in the basement. Perhaps, put your mattress on the floor instead of sleeping on the bed frame
- Get Wet
- Cool water is a great way to decrease your body temperature. Wet paper towels, wash clothes, etc… Remember Cool, not ice cold. The cold might shock your body sending it into a reaction that will cause your body to increase heat.
- Cool your pressure points
- Your neck, your ankles, your wrist, behind the knees, your groin or your armpits. Remember cool compresses not cold!
- Refrigerate your skin care products
Do you have a Question for Doug? Email him at email@example.com or find him on Facebook at Pharmacist Doug.
4210 SW 45th Ave