The Better Business Bureau’s free shred day is on Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Med Center parking lot, 3501 Soncy Road.
Tips for Secure Your ID Day:
1. Only bring papers with sensitive info.
2. Bring in paper boxes or paper bags, shredders do not take plastic.
3.Limit 4 bags or boxes, please.
4. Before arriving, check your boxes for items that don’t qualify or that you may want to keep!
5. Drive-thru service gets you in and out fast
What To Shred:
- Pre-approved credit card offers
- Documents with Social Security numbers, bank or credit card account numbers on them that you no longer need to keep.
- Refer to www.IRS.gov for a records retention schedule
What Not To Shred:
- Plastic bags (bring documents in paper bags)
- Binder clips (paper clips and staples are OK)
- Anything that is not paper
Better Business Bureau
600 South Tyler, Suite 1300