Back to the Table with Chef Bud: Jambalaya
- 3 Tblspns Garlic Roasted Chile Olive Oil Amarillo Grape Olive
- 2 6 oz Boneless Skinless Chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 3 Small Bell peppers, cored and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tblspns garlic, chopped
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 ½ C white rice
- 2 Tblspn McCormick Bayou Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ tspn McCormick Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 Okra, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- Coarse Black Pepper
Heat 1 Tblspn of olive oil in a stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the Chicken and sausage and saute 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the sausage is browned. Set aside
Add the remaining 2 Tblspns oil in the stockpot, add the trilogy of pepper, celery, and onion. Then add the garlic and the jalapeno pepper. Saute 5-6 minutes until the onion has softened.
Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, Cajun Seasoning Cayenne and stir to combine.
Continue cooking until mixture begins to simmer. Reduce heat to medium low cover and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until rice is nearly cooked through, stirring every 5 minutes to keep rice from burning.
Add the okra and stir, let pot continue to simmer, stirring occasionally.
Stir in chicken and sausage and season as needed with kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and Cajun Seasoning.
Serve warm with some crispy bread for a dish sure to bring them all Back to the Table, to Enjoy a little Cajun on a cold winters night! Best thing is, it only gets better the second and third day! Enjoy!
Chef Bud will be doing the catering and food demos at Beerology Grande!
Beerology Grande is on Friday, February 22 from 7-10 p.m. at the Don Harrington Discovery Center. Tickets are $40 for DHDC Members and $50 for Non-members. For more details and a link to purchase tickets, visit dhdc.org.