Back to the Table with Chef Bud: Cajun Sausage Skillet
- ½ lb andouille sausage sliced
- 2 Tblspn Garlic Roasted Chile oil Amarillo Grape and Olive
- 1 tspn garlic, chopped
- 1 tspn butter
- 4 oz chicken breast, cut into 1×1 pieces
- ½ ea sweet onion, chopped
- ½ ea green bell pepper, chopped
- 14 oz can diced tomato
- 2 C low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tspn McCormick Bayou Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tspn McCormick Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 3 dashes Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 C cooked rice
In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt the butter with the oil and add the garlic. When garlic fragrants cook the chicken with the onion and green pepper. When chicken is cooked almost through add the andouille sausage cook until all is cooked through and the onions and pepper have softened. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, Cajun seasoning and Cayenne. Bring to a boil then reduce heat add the rice and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Check the flavor and add kosher salt and Louisiana Hot Sauce as needed.
What a wonderful dish on a cold late winter evening, or when celebrating Mardi Gras. Packed with spice and the unique flavor of Andouille Sausage, this is a dish sure to bring your friends and family “Back to the Table”!
Chef Bud’s next cooking class at Amarillo College is on March 21 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Amarillo College Downtown campus. “Sauce It, Glaze It” costs $35.For more information visit actx.edu.
Restaurant Roundup is on Thursday, March 7 at 5 p.m. at the Rex Baxter Building. Tickets are $30.