NACOGDOCHES, Texas (KETK) – An Austin-area woman died after she was hit by a car while jaywalking in Nacogdoches.
Police responded to the incident around 6:35 p.m. on Monday in the 100 block of North Stallings Drive.
Emily Marie Rangel, 43, of Round Rock, was crossing the street when she was struck. Police determined that she failed to use the crosswalk and walked into the path of the 2007 Kia Passenger car.
Rangel was taken to a local hospital where she later died. The driver was not injured in the wreck.
The wreck is under investigation by the Nacogdoches Police Department’s Traffic Unit.
- WT grad student’s research helps to understand precipitation in Texas Panhandle
- Backlash to Georgia voting law continues as lawmakers remain split
- ‘Recent sales tax numbers set record’: The City of Amarillo says
- Joseph Siravo, ‘Sopranos’ actor, dead at 66
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection