AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Three people are injured in a shooting in west Amarillo.
According to Amarillo Police Sgt. Carla Burr, officers were dispatched to the 1500 block of I-40 west on an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.
When officers arrived, they found three people who had been shot. Two were taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. The other was treated for minor injuries at the scene.
APD said the suspect left on foot and is described as a bald male who is 5′ 7″, wearing a black hoodie, white tee shirt, and dark pants.
The investigation is ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TEXAS Outdoor Musical season cancelled due to COVID-19
- First day of Distance Learning for local schools
- Hay fever or virus? For allergy sufferers, a season of worry
- ‘We’re going to find you and prosecute you’: Lawmakers look to protect elders from coronavirus scams
- California lawmakers lead effort to provide unemployment benefits for gig-workers