CHICAGO – Cats really do have nine lives.
Chicago Fire Department tweeted out a video of a black cat jumping out of the window of a burning Englewood building Thursday. Miraculously, the black cat landed on its feet and survived.
Firefighters recorded the death-defying leap.
The cat “hit grass, bounced and walked away,” Chicago fire tweeted.
Crews were in the area of W. 65th St. and S. Lowe Ave. for a multistory building fire. The blaze, contained to a single unit, was extinguished.
No injuries have been reported.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- TxDOT’s “Know Before You Go” lane closure report for week of June 20-June 26
- Sod Poodles fan, father get’s Father Day surprise at HODGETOWN
- Gruver ISD named School Board of the Year by Region 16
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- In a seller’s market, experts urge buyers to do these 3 things before placing an offer