CHICAGO (WGN) – Cats really do have nine lives.
The Chicago Fire Department tweeted out a video of a black cat jumping out of the window of a burning Englewood building Thursday. Miraculously, the black cat landed on its feet and survived.
Firefighters recorded the death-defying leap.
The cat “hit grass, bounced and walked away,” Chicago fire tweeted.
Crews were in the area of W. 65th St. and S. Lowe Ave. for a multistory building fire. The blaze, contained to a single unit, was extinguished.
No injuries have been reported.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Moondog Amarillo performs at Starlight Theater
- San Diego-Tijuana border helped shape first Mexico-born UFC champ
- Authorities open sexual abuse, trafficking investigations after locating 24 missing children
- Two policemen among 14 homicide victims in a single day in Juarez
- Gaza violence erupts for first time since end of last month’s fighting