(CNN) — Dog lovers, Wednesday could be a perfect day to consider adopting a new four-legged friend.
May 20th is National Rescue Dog Day.
According to the ASPCA, approximately 3.3-million dogs enter shelters every year.
To celebrate the holiday, think about adopting or fostering some of them.
You can also volunteer at a local animal shelter – if it’s still open – or offer a donation.
Many shelters are closed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
But some are still offering adoptions through social media.
USA Today says that pet adoptions have skyrocketed during the outbreak.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Home deliveries don’t get food-tax exemption during pandemic
- Agency says state lawmaker hasn’t met request to repay $7K
- New minor party pushes for ‘fusion voting’ in New Mexico
- Police arrest woman suspected of killing ex-boyfriend
- New Mexico city frustrated by bail reforms, repeat criminals