BUTLER COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — A bomb squad in Ohio called to investigate a suspicious package left outside a church discovered a furry surprise.
According to a Facebook post by the Butler County Sheriff’s Office, the bomb unit discovered a mother cat and six one-day-old babies left in a bag at the church in New Miami on Thursday.
“They didn’t hear ticking they heard purring!!” the post read.
There was a note inside stating that “Sprinkles” went into labor on Feb. 17.
“Momma and babies are warm, cozy and fed at the Animal Friends Shelter,” the post states.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Amarillo High, Clarendon, Texline Advance to Regional Finals
- Historic Conneaut Lake Park will soon be owned by a new private company
- Canyon, Panhandle, Nazareth advance to State Semifinals
- Rep. Ronny Jackson responds to Department of Defense inspection report anticipated to be released Wednesday
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School students celebrate Texas Independence Day