AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — An American Airlines flight from Chicago to Phoenix made an unscheduled landing at Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport Monday evening.
According to American Airlines, Flight 2826 landed in Amarillo just before 9:20 p.m. due to crew reports of a potential mechanical issue.
American Airlines said the flight landed safely and taxied to the gate.
Airline representative said the Boeing 737 had 118 passengers and six crew members aboard.
The airlines said the passengers will continue to Phoenix using another aircraft.
We never want to disrupt our customers’ travel plans, and apologize for the inconvenience.American Airlines
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro fears he won’t bake again after grisly bowling injury
- Florida deputy reunited with 5-year-old girl she saved 3 years ago
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- UT-Austin student sets sights on becoming a doctor after losing her father to COVID-19