AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo gas prices have fallen 7.5 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $1.98/g today, according to GasBuddy’s daily survey of 147 stations. Gas prices in Amarillo are 19.7 cents per gallon lower than a month ago and stand 2.2 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Amarillo is priced at $1.84/g today while the most expensive is $2.39/g, a difference of 55.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $1.79/g while the highest is $2.95/g, a difference of $1.16/g. The cheapest price in the entire country today stands at $0.59/g while the most expensive is $101.90/g, a difference of $101.31/g.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 3.5 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.42/g today. The national average is down 16.7 cents per gallon from a month ago and stands 13.9 cents per gallon higher than a year ago.
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Lubbock- $2.05/g, down 3.0 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.08/g.
- Midland Odessa- $2.30/g, down 3.1 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.33/g.
- Oklahoma- $2.11/g, down 4.2 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.15/g.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Beware COVID-19 scams: Here’s what to look for
- West Texas A&M University’s virtual summer camp job fair set for Feb. 4
- APH reports 259 new cases, 6 deaths, 90 recoveries in Amarillo area
- Border crossing briefly shuts down as asylum-seekers try to enter U.S.
- Baylor launches lab to test students and staff