AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police have released more information on the skeletal remains found in the lake bed at Amarillo Lake on Tuesday, May 5.
Officers said they recovered an adult human skull at that location. They say the skull appears to have been there less than a year.
Officers said they searched the surrounding area for evidence but did not find additional remains or signs of criminal activity.
The evidence collected will be sent for forensic testing.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Amarillo Police Department’s Homicide Unit at 378-9468.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- LIVE: White House announces Medicare plan to provide insulin for $35 a month
- Mall food courts, water parks & driver education programs will be able to open under Phase 2 of Texas reopening
- Gov. Abbott traveling to Amarillo tomorrow, providing update on surge response efforts
- 5 more cases of antiviral drug distributed to Amarillo area, Gov. Abbott says
- Tennessee couple arrested after child’s remains found buried in backyard