AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A suspect wanted for multiple felony warrants is dead after an officer-involved shooting in north Amarillo.
Aaron Marcos Valdez, 19, was wanted on warrants stemming from the shooting incidents along Northeast 24th Ave. on Tuesday night.
The officer-involved shooting happened on the 1300 block of N. Buchanan.
According to Amarillo Police, the suspect Valdez was found at a home on that block.
Amarillo Police said Valdez was shot after he allegedly pulled a firearm and pointed it at officers.
Valdez was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries where he later died.
No officers were injured.
Per APD policy, any officer involved in an officer-involved shooting will be placed on administrative leave until cleared to return to work.
The incident remains under investigation by the Amarillo Police Department Homicide Unit.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- United Supermarkets said they are working hard to keep customers and employees safe from COVID-19
- Video of officer with knee on man’s neck sparks fury
- California shuts bars, indoor dining and most gyms, churches
- APD needs help locating a missing woman
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief