AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police said they have made an arrest in connection to the shooting death of a 15-year-old girl.
Tanner Lee Sims, 18, was arrested Monday on a warrant for the charge of Criminal Negligent Homicide.
On Monday, April 27, Amarillo Police said they were called to the 5500 block of Everett Ave. on a shooting.
When officers got there, they said they found Adrianna Leshay Martin, 15, with a gunshot wound to her upper body.
Martin was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police said Martin died on April 29.
Sims has been booked into the Randall County jail.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Terminally ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on Tuesday
- Criminal rings steal billions in jobless funds in California
- No-fly list: Southwest last to ban emotional-support animals
- NFL prepares Raymond James Stadium for Super Bowl
- Indonesian volcano unleashes river of lava in new eruption