AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — A man has been arrested in connection to a fatal hit and run accident in 2017.
Amarillo Police said Aaron Baker, 39, was arrested Tuesday, February 18, for Accident involving Death.
The incident happened in June 2017. Officers were called around 6:35 a.m. to Amarillo Blvd. West and North Travis Street.
Police said they found Lewis Lee Helfenbein, Jr., 57, dead on the south side of the Blvd. in the grass median, and that it appeared he was hit by a vehicle.
Baker was booked into the Potter County Detention Center.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Local man turns 100 years old; party cancelled for social distancing
- Texas company looking to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks
- United Way seeks community support for those facing economic hardships due to COVID-19
- Everyday Heroes: Tremaine Brown, Shi Lee’s Barbecue and Soul Food
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez