AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police are investigating after an early evening shooting.
It happened around 5:23 p.m.
According to Amarillo Police, officers were called to the westbound access road of I-40 and Jackson St. on a shooting.
Police said they found a woman with a gunshot wound. She was taken to the hospital.
Officers found several shell casings at the scene.
APD said there is not a suspect in custody at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- COVID-19 tracking tool shows Texas border communities at high risk in group gatherings
- Former Temple Police Officer facing child injury charges
- APH: 50 new COVID-19 cases, 50 recoveries reported in the Amarillo area
- Antonio Banderas says he’s tested positive for coronavirus
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand as a new week begins