UPDATE 12/11/2019 12:04 P.M.:
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police is now investigating Mateo’s death as a homicide.
The APD homicide unit is asking for any information or leads that might help in the solving of this case.
Citizens can call the Homicide unit between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 378-9468 or Crimestoppers, anytime, at 374-4400 if they have any information on the death of Mr. Mateo.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police have released the identity of the person found dead this morning in north Amarillo.
Police have identified them as Tomas Mateo, 32.
This morning, APD got the call of a person lying on the ground on the 900 block of N. Johnson.
When officers first arrived, they said they thought Mateo had been shot, but after further investigation, the cause of death is unknown.
The APD homicide unit and CSI were called to the scene for investigation.
This case is being investigated by the Homicide unit of the APD.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- District play heats up for High Plains basketball teams
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- Family of fallen soldier going to Super Bowl thanks to 49ers’ George Kittle
- Olympic weightlifter displays strength of body and mind
- Proposed airline ban could keep emotional support animals grounded