UPDATE 12/11/2019 12:04 P.M.:
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police is now investigating Mateo’s death as a homicide.
The APD homicide unit is asking for any information or leads that might help in the solving of this case.
Citizens can call the Homicide unit between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at 378-9468 or Crimestoppers, anytime, at 374-4400 if they have any information on the death of Mr. Mateo.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police have released the identity of the person found dead this morning in north Amarillo.
Police have identified them as Tomas Mateo, 32.
This morning, APD got the call of a person lying on the ground on the 900 block of N. Johnson.
When officers first arrived, they said they thought Mateo had been shot, but after further investigation, the cause of death is unknown.
The APD homicide unit and CSI were called to the scene for investigation.
This case is being investigated by the Homicide unit of the APD.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- PHOTOS: Royals fan cutouts feature stormtrooper, ‘Weekend At Bernie’s’
- New Zealand has gone 100 days without community transmission of COVID-19
- McAllen man arrested for ex-wife’s death has previous murder attempt convictions
- Delta bans 100 passengers from taking flights and adding them to a “no fly” list for refusing to wear masks
- Second stimulus checks: Trump executive orders leave $1,200 payments in limbo