AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police are investigating the shooting of a juvenile in north Amarillo.
It happened just before 7 p.m. on the 3900 block of Paradise Ave.
According to Amarillo Police, officers were called on a sick person lying in the road. As officers were responding, updates came in saying the victim had possibly been shot.
Police said a juvenile male was found in the street at the location with a gunshot wound.
He was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Officers were told that the suspect was also a juvenile male.
APD said the juvenile believed to be the suspect has been detained.
The investigation into this incident is ongoing.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- City of McAllen holds memorial for fallen officers
- Politics Today: July 12, 2020
- U.S. Department of Commerce invests $400,000 into cares Act to help the Texas Panhandle
- 17 sailors, 4 civilians injured as crews battle fire at San Diego-based Navy ship
- David Williams discusses Landspouts versus traditional Supercell Tornadoes