AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Fire Department rescued multiple people from an apartment fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage
Fire officials said it happened just after 5 a.m. at the Armadillo Apartments on the 1500 block of South Bell.
Officials told us smoke was coming from the second and third floors of the building.
Due to several exits being blocked fire crews performed ladder rescues.
One person was transported to a hospital with minor smoke inhalation but has since been released.
The Red Cross was on scene to help tenants find shelter.
AFD said the fire caused an estimated $190,000 worth of damage.
The fire was brought under control just after 6 a.m.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- WT Spring Virtual Career Expo set for March 3-4, early employer registration due Feb. 1
- Terminally ill doctor held hostages, shot pediatrician and himself at her office on Tuesday
- Criminal rings steal billions in jobless funds in California
- No-fly list: Southwest last to ban emotional-support animals
- NFL prepares Raymond James Stadium for Super Bowl