AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Fire Department rescued multiple people from an apartment fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage
Fire officials said it happened just after 5 a.m. at the Armadillo Apartments on the 1500 block of South Bell.
Officials told us smoke was coming from the second and third floors of the building.
Due to several exits being blocked fire crews performed ladder rescues.
One person was transported to a hospital with minor smoke inhalation but has since been released.
The Red Cross was on scene to help tenants find shelter.
AFD said the fire caused an estimated $190,000 worth of damage.
The fire was brought under control just after 6 a.m.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Xbox cloud gaming opens limited beta on PC, Apple
- Fort Hood to unveil gate named in honor of U.S. Army soldier Vanessa Guillén
- ‘Heartbroken’: What we know about the 3 victims of the Austin shooting
- Abortions started this month at Planned Parenthood in Lubbock
- APH reports 13 new cases of COVID-19, 1 death, and 7 recoveries in Amarillo area