Amarillo gas prices have fallen 4.8 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $2.49/g today, according to GasBuddy’s daily survey of 147 stations. Gas prices in Amarillo are 1.9 cents per gallon lower than a month ago, yet stand 18.5 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
According to GasBuddy price reports, the cheapest station in Amarillo is priced at $2.36/g today while the most expensive is $2.59/g, a difference of 23.0 cents per gallon. The lowest price in the state today is $2.19/g while the highest is $3.49/g, a difference of $1.30/g. The cheapest price in the entire country today stands at $1.80/g while the most expensive is $5.87/g, a difference of $4.07/g.
The national average price of gasoline has fallen 2.1 cents per gallon in the last week, averaging $2.84/g today. The national average is down 0.6 cents per gallon from a month ago, yet stands 8.1 cents per gallon lower than a year ago.
Historical gasoline prices in Amarillo and the national average going back a decade:
- May 20, 2018: $2.68/g (U.S. Average: $2.92/g)
- May 20, 2017: $2.08/g (U.S. Average: $2.35/g)
- May 20, 2016: $2.01/g (U.S. Average: $2.28/g)
- May 20, 2015: $2.49/g (U.S. Average: $2.73/g)
Neighboring areas and their current gas prices:
- Lubbock- $2.52/g, down 2.3 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.54/g.
- Midland Odessa- $2.71/g, unchanged from last week’s $2.71/g.
- Oklahoma- $2.55/g, down 1.6 cents per gallon from last week’s $2.57/g.