SNYDER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Snyder residents are asked to stay inside due to a dangerous inmate at large in town.
Officials say the inmate escaped custody by stealing a Sheriff’s Office vehicle.
The vehicle was found abandoned in the area of Avenue A and 35th Street just before 10:00 a.m. He is now believed to be on foot and is considered dangerous.
Snyder police are warning citizens to take the following precautions:
- Stay indoors and away from windows
- If someone tries to enter your home call 911 immediately
- Stay inside until you receive an all clear message.
All schools are currently on hard lockdown due to the inmate escape. Police will be in the area until he captured.
It’s unknown why the inmate was in custody but police scanner traffic indicates he may have numerous weapons and body armor.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information is released.
- TxDOT kicks off “Save Me With A Seat” campaign
- Video shows woman attacking members of California tribe protesting border wall
- Sugar’s Concession serves fair food with no fair
- High and Dry week ahead
- Four people dead in morning plane crash in Leon County