SNYDER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Snyder residents are asked to stay inside due to a dangerous inmate at large in town.
Officials say the inmate escaped custody by stealing a Sheriff’s Office vehicle.
The vehicle was found abandoned in the area of Avenue A and 35th Street just before 10:00 a.m. He is now believed to be on foot and is considered dangerous.
Snyder police are warning citizens to take the following precautions:
- Stay indoors and away from windows
- If someone tries to enter your home call 911 immediately
- Stay inside until you receive an all clear message.
All schools are currently on hard lockdown due to the inmate escape. Police will be in the area until he captured.
It’s unknown why the inmate was in custody but police scanner traffic indicates he may have numerous weapons and body armor.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information is released.
- ‘My Teacher Misses Me’ local educator safely delivers yard signs to students
- Texas Panhandle War Memorial continues to honor veterans
- Federal benefits for veterans, family members, and widows
- Local assisted living facility using contact tracing band to decrease spread of COVID-19
- Local family stays virtually connected with mom in nursing home