AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Amarillo Police have released more information on Tuesday’s fatal shooting.
Officials say three people had gotten into a fight and 36-year-old Adam Tuey was shot and died at the scene.
Officers located the suspect 43-year-old Antonio Ascensio after a search that led to Lock Out procedures at three Amarillo ISD schools.
Ascensio was arrested and booked into the Potter County Jail for the charge of Felon in possession of a Firearm and an unrelated warrant. An autopsy was ordered on the victim and next of kin was notified.
The APD homicide is investigating this incident.
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — One person is dead after a fight in east Amarillo.
It happened just before 2 p.m. on the 900 block of Birmingham.
APD said they were called out on shots fired.
When police arrived, they found there had been a fight and one person was injured, and later died on the scene.
APD said they have found a person of interest in the case.
Police are still on scene and this is currently an active investigation.
Two Amarillo ISD schools were placed on lockout due to the incident. It lasted for about 45 minutes. Officials said the lockout was a precautionary measure. Those lockouts have since been lifted.
This is a developing story. Stay with MyHighPlains.com for the latest.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Tascosa architect student help tear down ReStore wall
- Randall High School student winds Hispanic Heritage Essay contest
- Canyon High senior’s last year at Randall County Jr. Livestock Show
- Lawmakers tour migrant camp, call wait-in-Mexico policy ‘morally unjust’