TURKEY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Turkey-Quitaque ISD said it has been notified that a student and two employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
The district said both staff members and the student are being quarantined, and it is in the process of contact tracing.
Turkey-Quitaque ISD said it will only do remote learning for the next two weeks, starting Wednesday, Sept. 16. Face-to-face instruction will resume on Sept. 29.
Teachers will have Tuesday, Sept. 15 as a workday to prep for remote learning.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Pleasant Halloween Weekend Weather
- APD investigating a shooting in north Amarillo
- Don Harrington Discovery Center hosts annual Monster Bash
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- FBI looking for possible victims of killer who traveled across the country