SHERMAN COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Two people are dead after a wreck in Sherman County.
It happened around 6:20 p.m. Sunday on US 54, about 14 miles northeast of Stratford.
According to DPS Troopers, a vehicle driven by Arika Smith, 34, of Guymon, was attempting to pass a semi-truck and hit a vehicle, driven by Diane Wagner, 55, of Butternut, Wisconsin, head-on.
Troopers said Smith’s vehicle went airborne and hit the semi’s trailer.
Smith and Wagner were pronounced dead on the scene.
A passenger in Wagner’s vehicle was taken to an Amarillo hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the semi-truck was uninjured.
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Biden to deliver remarks as US is set to hit latest COVID-19 vaccine milestone
- Bowler adds father’s ashes to ball, rolls perfect game
- Queen Elizabeth marks 95th birthday in low-key fashion
- Police: East Texas girls faked their kidnapping that sparked Amber Alert
- Another freezing start and a mild afternoon