OLDHAM COUNTY, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Two people are dead after a wreck in Oldham County.
It happened just before noon on Tuesday, May 5, about 15 miles west of Adrian on I-40.
According to DPS Troopers, a car was driving behind a semi-truck when it ran into the back of the semi’s trailer.
Troopers said all three people in the car were not wearing seatbelts and were ejected.
The passengers, one from Springfield, Illinois and another from Fullerton, California, died on scene.
The driver, from Rochester, Illinois, was airlifted to a Lubbock hospital with life-threatening injuries and is in stable condition.
The crash is still under investigation.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Tulsa police hunt for missing kids, 3 and 2; mother arrested
- Missing Oklahoma 9-year-old boy found dead
- Lawsuit: Bernalillo Country Sheriff’s deputy beat driver
- Former US Rep. Allen West out of hospital after Texas crash
- Texas reports 8 more coronavirus deaths, 623 new cases