NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Biden’s immigration plan hits snag after Texas federal judge blocks deportation freeze
- FDA places import alert on Mexican hand sanitizers over ‘toxic ingredients’ – see the list of sanitizers to avoid
- Migrant massacre in Mexico shows urgency of restoring asylum, advocates say
- Another ‘miracle drug’ for COVID-19 increasingly hard to find in Tijuana pharmacies
- Human trafficking and border crime highlighted in Texas governor’s 5-year security plan