UTAH COUNTY, Utah (KTVX) — An 11-year-old girl suffered serious head injuries Sunday after falling 70 feet at Stewart Falls hiking trail in Utah.
The girl was carried out and flown by helicopter to a local hospital, where she was in critical condition, said Sgt. Spencer Cannon with the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
After falling from the top of Stewart Falls, located above Sundance Resort, the child was reportedly going in and out of consciousness, Cannon said.
North Fork Fire Department and Intermountain Life Light assisted the Utah County Sheriff’s Office during the rescue.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Judo champion foils armed robbery by grappling suspect to the ground
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- RIP Mexican Pizza: Popular Taco Bell dish starts disappearing from menus
- 6-year-old boy’s ‘YouCanBeABCs’ rap video inspires kids to dream big
- Ohio woman creates Baby Yoda from 451-pound pumpkin