As of July 8, 134,000 Moderna vaccines and 1,250 Pfizer vaccines had been given out in the city of Amarillo with 35% of Potter County vaccinated and 37% of Randall County vaccinated.
Chief Medical Officer at Northwest Texas Hospital Dr. Brian Weis said that number is disappointing as that is the ultimate defense against the virus.
“The vaccines are the answer, they are a way of preventing this guy from causing a surge again. So I really wish people would strongly consider getting the vaccine at this point since we might be facing wave number three unfortunately of a COVID-19 variant,” said Dr. Weis.
The next question, however – where are COVID-19 vaccines available in the Amarillo area? Here is a list of current operation hours and locations for the Public Health Department’s vaccination clinics.
The city of Amarillo is hosting its vaccination clinic at the Amarillo Public Health Department, located at 850 Martin Rd. The hours of the clinic are the following:
- Monday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Public Health Mobile Vaccination Clinic schedule:
- Thursday, September 9, 10 am – 5 pm: Amarillo College West Campus(6222 SW 9th Ave)
- Monday, September 13, 12 – 5 pm – Drug Emporium (4210 SW 45th Ave)
- Wednesday, September 15, 1 – 5 pm – West Texas A&M University, JBK (200 Victory Circle Canyon TX 79015)
- September 17-25 – Tri-State Fair (3301 SE 10th Ave)
- Friday, September 17: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Saturday, September 18: 11 am – 3 pm
- Monday, September 20: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Wednesday, September 22: 4 pm-7 pm
- Friday, September 24: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Monday, September 27, 9am-5pm – Amarillo College (2201 S Washington St Parking Lot #1)
- Tuesday, September 28, 9am-5pm – Amarillo College (2201 S Washington St Parking Lot #1)
- Tuesday, October 12, 11am-6pm – Amarillo College East Campus (1401 J Ave.)
Other COVID-19 Vaccination availabilities in Amarillo can be found here:
- Amarillo Family Physicians
- Amigos Pharmacy
- Care Xpress Urgent Care
- CVS Pharmacy
- Martin-Tipton Pharmacy, LLC
- Market Street Pharmacy
- Sam’s Club Pharmacy
- United Pharmacy
- Walgreens Pharmacy
- Walmart Pharmacy
Do you know of another location offering COVID-19 vaccines? Let us know at MyHighPlains.com!