(FOX NEWS) — The World Health Organization has issued a preliminary case definition for multisystem inflammatory disorder in children and adolescents.
The rare syndrome is believed to be linked to COVID-19 and has been reported around the world.
The case definition is expected to be revised as more data becomes available but for now includes fever lasting at least three days, a rash or on the hands, mouth or feet, gastrointestinal problems, and evidence of COVID-19 or likely contact with patients with COVID-19.
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Owner of Pookie Bear Smoothies makes one her most popular drinks for us on Today in Amarillo
- ‘It felt like I couldn’t breathe’: Personal reaction to the Johnson and Johnson vaccine
- Queen returns to royal duties 4 days after Prince Philip’s death
- One dead, hit by car on I-40 West on-ramp
- WANTED: Steven Casey Garcia, for indecency with a child