(NBC News) The federal government is turning its focus to the damage coronavirus is doing to your wallet.
President Trump will meet with Republicans Tuesday to discuss a possible cut to payroll taxes.
“Substantial relief, it’s a big number. We’re also talking about hourly wage earners getting help so that they can be in a position where they’re not gonna ever miss a paycheck,” Mr. Trump said.
President Trump says he’s considering loans and help for the travel industry.
Meanwhile, six lawmakers who came in contact with a coronavirus patient are staying home for two weeks.
The White House confirms President Trump has not been tested because he hasn’t had close contact with a patient, although he has traveled with and shaken hands with lawmakers who did.
Read more: https://nbcnews.to/2Q0loGo
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Justin Timberlake gives wheelchair accessible van to family of teen with cerebral palsy
- Trump’s weakening of century-old bird preservation act worries South Texas environmentalists
- Work on new border wall on hold while agency reviews water district’s concerns
- Juarez surpasses 2019 homicide totals despite lockdowns, pandemic
- Local women celebrates 101st birthday at the Big Texan tonight