AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — Texas Department of State Health Services is reporting 16 new cases of coronavirus in six Texas Panhandle counties.
According to their website, Texas DSHS reports new cases in:
- Deaf Smith – 1
- Gray – 2
- Hansford – 1
- Hartley – 1
- Moore – 10
- Roberts – 1
One person has died of coronavirus in Dallam County. That is the first in the county.
According to the state’s website Hall, Briscoe, Lipscomb, and Collingsworth are the only panhandle counties without a positive COVID-19 case.
(This table reflects the cases on the High Plains as of 1:30 p.m. on September 24, 2020.)
|County||Confirmed Cases Reported||Deaths||Recovery|
More from MyHighPlains.com:
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- State of Texas: Lawmakers weigh ‘solutions’ proposed for education equity during pandemic
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask